Hello parents & students of 5S,
I would like to welcome you all back for an exciting, adventure-filled year at H.E. Bourgoin School. This year, I will teach language arts, math and science to 5S, and science to 5E. I will also be teaching an E2 class (Enrichment & Enhancement) and various exploratory classes. Also teaching grade 5 this year are three amazing teachers, Mrs. Ellis, Mrs. Carlin and Miss. Nault. 5S will have Mrs. Sharun for social studies, Mr. Boldt for music and Mr. West for P.E.
My teaching philosophy is one of consistency and enthusiasm. This year, as a class, students and I will work toward building an “effective” learning community in our classroom. This means we will all work together to demonstrate and practice the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The 7 habits are 1. Be Proactive, 2. Begin With the End In Mind, 3.Put First Things First, 4. Think Win-Win, 5. Seek first to Understand, Then to be Understood, 6. Synergize, and 7. Sharpen the Saw.
I look forward to working with you this year. I have high expectations for my students and they, in turn, can have high expectations of me. I’m excited to make our time together a meaningful, rewarding and educational experience for all. High fives to a GREAT school year!
Classroom Expectations - Always be prepared, try your best, show respect
- Arrive at school and class on time
- Have all required materials for classes (agenda, novel, sharpened pencils, eraser, ruler, crayons, paper, books, binders, duo tangs)
- Complete all homework assignments on time
- Study for tests and quizzes
- Work effectively and productively
- Be seated and quiet while teacher is speaking
- Listen to the teacher’s directions and to others when they speak
- Raise your hand before talking (avoid call-outs)
- Take care of our school and your personal materials by keeping your locker and desk neat and tidy
- Keep six feet on the floor at all times (2 of yours and 4 of the chair’s J)
- Refrain from hitting and pushing others- solve things by talking, not fighting
- If ever you need advice, assistance with a difficult situation or need help with a subject, PLEASE ask me or another staff member
Notes and Reminders
-Read 30 minutes every night
-Practice Prodigy for 20 minutes each night