Welcome to Grade 5 at H.E. Bourgoin Middle School. This year I am teaching math and language arts to 5E, as well as Math 8 K & E, 5/6 foods and 7/8 sewing exploratories, and SWAT (Student Wellness Action Team) for E2 with our school counselor Mrs. Turchyn. In addition I am the school health facilitator for APPLE Schools (Alberta Project Promoting active Living and healthy Eating). I will be working alongside three amazing grade 5 homeroom teachers, Miss Nault, Ms. Cross and Mrs. Squire. 5E will have Mrs. Sharun for social studies, Mr. Boldt for music, Mrs. Squire for science and Mr. West for P.E.
To reach me, you can call the school at (780) 826-3323, or email me at email@example.com.
Classroom Expectations - Always be prepared, try your best, show respect
- Arrive at school and class on time
- Have all required materials for classes (agenda, novel, sharpened pencil, eraser, pencil crayons, paper, books, binders, duo tangs)
- Complete all homework assignments on time
- Study for assessments
- Work effectively and productively
- Be seated and quiet while teacher is speaking
- Listen to the teacher’s directions and to others when they speak
- Raise hand before talking (avoid blurting out)
- Take care of our school and your personal materials by keeping your locker and desk neat and tidy
- Keep six feet on the floor at all times (2 of yours; 4 of the chair’s legs)
- Solve problems by talking, not fighting
- If ever you need advice, assistance with a difficult situation or need help with a subject, PLEASE ask me or another teacher.
For more information on APPLE Schools please click on the picture below.
Language Arts - Parent Pipeline Reading Strategies
Click on the links below for the reading strategies we have completed in class. All of these information sheets have been sent home with your child.
Tune into Interesting Words
Cross Check Double Check