Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year!
You can contact me by calling the school at 780-826-3323, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or concerns.
Student Advocacy Counselors.....
· Provide individual and small group counseling/educational sessions.
· Offer emotional support for students dealing with a variety of issues.
· Empower students by focusing on strengths and increasing levels of personal, social and academic success.
· Provide resource materials to students, teachers, families and community agencies.
· Maintain Confidentiality
· Provide a safe place for all who enter.
· Promote inclusive learning concepts.
· Promote positive attitudes and choices.
· Provide preventative services and education on a variety of topics.
How can Students benefit from the support of a Counselor?
· Grieving the loss of a loved one….family member, friend, pet..
· Feeling nervous/anxious all of the time.
· Family issues….separation, divorce.
· Need help dealing with conflict and/or setbacks.
· Want to feel better about themselves.
· Just need someone to listen to something that is bothering them.
· Having a problem with their friendships and want some strategies to help work it out.
· Want to learn how to get along better with siblings, friends, family, teachers and people in general.
· Wanting to improve their success in school.
Several other areas of concern that students may encounter.